Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lesson's Learned From Grandma's--Finished!

Enduring to the End



Doctrine and Covenants 50:5


But blessed are they who are faithful and endure, whether in life or in death, for they shall inherit eternal life.



One thing that could be said for all of my Grandmothers is that each one of them endured, and endured well to the end. I watched my Grandma Dee Dee continue to serve as ward organist, as a visiting teacher, and in the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers organization right up until she had to be moved from her home and into a care center. My Grandma Emmy was a wonderful Relief Society, Primary and Sunday School teacher. She continued to teach and lead her family as long as she possibly could. My Grandma Moon, despite all of her physical restrictions remained positive and loved and served her family her entire life. Each one of these women were dedicated to their families, their Heavenly Father, their Savior and his church for as long as her bodies and minds were able. I will forever be grateful to be their granddaughter and to have been loved and influenced by every one of them. I look forward to being with them again some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment